Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Period 4, Group B

Dear Mr. President,

I am writing this letter to you today on behalf of my forest, my fellow Sasquatches, and most importantly, me.

Acid rain is increasingly becoming a major issue in my neck of the woods. It's killing the trees, it's killing the fish, it's killing basically almost everything. The trees, I think, are the worst part. How am I supposed to be able to hide from all these tourists that come here all the time? I can't just keep scaring them off all the time. It's bad enough that some people already know I exist. We don't need the whole world knowing it too.

I think you know what the main cause of acid rain is, because I know you are a very smart man. But just in case you don't, I will tell you. Acid rain is mainly caused by the polluting of our atmosphere by emissions of acid anhydrides such as nitrogen oxides and sulfur dioxides. Then, when it rains, these anhydrides react with the rain water to produce an acidic solution.

When acid rain falls, it does some major damage. It can raise the acidity of lakes, causing the many types of plankton and other small organisms to die. Once all of those die, the bigger organisms such as fish will have nothing to eat so they will die. Then, what my friends, the eagles and bears going to eat? Nothing. Sure bears can eat other things like berries and such, but guess what. Acid rain kills plants too! So what am i supposed to eat when the largest organisms start dying out? I'll tell you what! People! And i know, Mr. President, you do not want me to start eating people.

There are many simple precautions your race can do to prevent more acid rain from damaging my wonderful forests. For starters, I think you can put more restricting laws on the emissions of all those gases. I know there was the Clean Air Act that your government passed a while ago, and it has helped. But over the past few years the damages of acid rain has really increased again, and I think you need to step in and say, "Hey! I believe that we need to extend our efforts to minimize acid rain as much as possible!" And then you do it! Because let me tell you something right now, Mr. President. If you don't make better laws to prevent acid rain, you will probably be the first to be eaten. And trust me, I know how to get past all your fancy security.

Sincerely,
King Sasquatch

1 comment:

  1. good job with first draft nick :)
    but i gotta make some changes you didnt explain how the trees are being destroyed not only becuase of the acid also becuase of the calcium depletion cuased by the acid rain and let me see whatelse i should change..... well i guess thats mostly it.

    ReplyDelete